As the incidents of data breaching and the other cyber crimes are increasing day by day so is the need for antivirus software is increasing. Antivirus software, if installed on the system it then keeps a good eye on all the activities that happen in and around the system and thus, keeps it safe from all types of possible problems and dangers that a system can land into if the user would use it without security software installed on it.
When it comes to installing antivirus software on the system then the first name that would strike in anyone’s brain would be Avast as the software is working in the market of cybersecurity from a long time period of more than a decade and over such a long time the software has developed a great level of trust in the hearts of the users also the software is popular because it comes with an easy to use interface and has many easy features associated with itself. In case of any technical glitch also it is very easy for the user to get through it with the help of the technical experts available at Avast support number UK.
Here, with the help of the experts, we will see the resolution for the problem if the software doesn’t open on the windows operating system. We will discuss in detail all about the possible causes for the problem to occur along with all the possible solutions for the issue.
The possible reasons for Avast antivirus not opening on windows are as follows:
- The problem can be because of the corrupt installation of the software on the system.
- It can also be because of the Avast antivirus service not running properly.
There are some resolutions for this problem if the user will get those solutions conducted on the system the software will then open on the windows operating system very smoothly.
Repair the software: Conducting a repair on the software is one way to get rid of this problem of Avast antivirus not opening on windows for that the user should follow the given steps:
- The user should open the control panel on the system.
- Then in that control panel should choose the category “view by.”
- Under the section of programs the user should click the option “uninstall a program.”
- Then from the programs and features window, the user should click “uninstall Avast.”
- The uninstall wizard will then open with many options from those the user should choose “repair.”
- A message for the confirmation of the action will then appear on the screen.
- Once the process completes the user should then click on “finish.”
- After that, the system should then be given a restart to check if Avast is opening.
If it still does not open then the user should move to the other resolution for the problem of Avast antivirus, not opening.
Restart the service: In order to get the Avast antivirus service restarted the user should follow the below-given steps:
- The user should open the run utility for that on the keyboard the user should press win+R then in the dialog box that opens the user should enter the command “services .msc.”
- After that, the user should then click “ok” in order to open the service window.
- Then in the service window as it opens the user should click on “Avast antivirus”
- After that, the user should right-click “service” and from the pop-up window should click the option “properties.”
- Then from the service status section, the user should get the service stopped.
- The service from the status section should then be started again.
If still the problem remains and the software still refuses to open then the user should get the software removed from the system completely and should conduct a clean install once again.
Clean installation of the software: In order to conduct a clean installation of the software on the system the user should follow the below-given steps:
- The Avast download page should be opened on the system through the browser.
- From the page, the Avast uninstallation utility should be downloaded and saved on the computer.
- One the downloading and the booting in safe mode completes the user should then get the internet disconnected.
- Further by pressing the windows and the R Key on the keyboard, the user should open the run dialog box.
- Further, the user should open the system configuration window.
- There the user should go to the boot tab further should click on the safe boot option after that should click “ok.”
- The system should be given a restart to boot it in the safe mode.
- The Avast uninstall utility should then be given a run on the system.
- The software should be put to installation through the folder in which it is saved on the system.
Conducting a reinstallation of the software would get the problem of Avast not opening resolved, other than that reinstallation is capable of resolving many other problems of the software.
If in case the user feels the need for any further help with regard to the conduct of the resolutions given above then should get in contact with the team of trained experts available at Avast Care Number.